Our Stephen Ministry is program that equips lay persons to provide one-to-one Christian care to individuals who face times of personal difficulty. Stephen Ministers are men and women of all ages and backgrounds, who have been specially trained to listen, support, and help others. Stephen Ministers are committed to confidentiality and to caring for the emotional and spiritual needs of others who are going through difficult times in their lives.
Stephen Ministers are members of Cottonwood Creek who have completed 50 hours of comprehensive training. They are taught how to provide care to individuals who have experienced a crisis (divorce, grief, loss of a job, hospitalization, relocation, or loneliness). For more information on Stephen Ministry, contact Sandy Prowant at 972.359.7777 x2028.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Purpose and Goal:
• Take a care receiver and care for them personally (Care receiver is someone that’s in a crisis) • Process a person through a crisis successfully
• Encourage a care receiver weekly through face to face relationship
• Work with the person as long as it takes
• Wrap up officially at the end of the relationship
• Minister to other Stephen ministers for their needs and the needs of the care receiver
Joy of Ministry
- I'm New
- Faith at Home
- Kid Care
- Married Adult
- Worship & Arts