Just weeks ago, Cottonwood Creek Church was affected by a sudden hailstorm in late March. The building sustained damage to many rooms and other areas of the church. Because of this, most classrooms became unavailable to host Life Groups. It was at this time that God provided new opportunities for the Cottonwood Family to still meet for His glory.
- Four Life Groups met in Chick-fil-A’s on Sunday, April 7 (two groups at the 121/Custer location, and two groups at Ridge Road and Eldorado). This upcoming weekend, two additional groups will be added at the 380/75 location. The restaurants were very generous, providing drinks and opening the indoor playground for the children.
- The Kester family opened Alpha Omega Gymnastics' doors to host three Life Groups (Freeman/Mills/Westback, Living Faith, and Greer/Mendel).
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing graciously hosted the Agape Life Group at their training facility in Plano.
- The Dresser/Pool Life Group met at Italian Villa on Sunday, April 7. The group had a good discussion about the church and plans for the next few weeks/months. For the future, the group will continue rotate each class to different houses.
- The Sanderson/Strange, Legacy Builder, and Fino/Jones Life Groups met in the breakout room of Rudy's Barbecue
- A neighborhood clubhouse hosted the Sojourners Life Group.
- The Lair Life Group met at a home to come together for worship.
- The Creek Student Ministry has gathered in the Worship Center Atrium and Chapel on Sundays for nights of worship, teaching, food, and hanging out.
- The As One Life Group met at a home.
As the repairs continue with the church building, we want to thank you for your patience. We are excited that God has used this situation as an opportunity for the Cottonwood Family to come together and still find ways to build each other up and honor the Lord.