Worship With Us
Wednesday Night Chapel: 6:30
Saturday Worship Service: 5:00p
Sunday Worship Services: 9:30a & 11:00aWatch Online Here
March 31, 2020
Online Event Updates
March 25, 2020
- MS and HS Groups: Wednesdays at 6:30 will meet via Zoom
- Sundays: To find out the latest information about meeting on Sundays, text High School or Middle School to 77978.
March 23, 2020
Tuesday, March 24
Men's Bible Study 6a
If you are part of the text group you will receive a link to join the ZOOM call. If you aren't but would like to join the study, email Justin Frazier at and he will send you the link to join.
Table 2:15 Virtual Homegroup, 7p
The college and young adult ministry will be hosting a virtual Homegroup on Tuesday night at 7p. For more info visit their Instagram page and watch for a post or text TABLE215 to 77978.
Wednesday, March 25
Coronavirus Anxiety: Coping with Stress, Fear and uncertainty, 5p
Fears about COVID-19 can take a toll on our emotions. Many of us are dealing with increasing anxiety over the current uncertainty. Join Women's Minister, Elizabeth Mahusay, as she interviews licensed trauma counselor Linda Ryan Holbeck. She will share practical tips on coping with stress, fear, and uncertainty in a special Facebook Live. Be sure to like the Women of Cottonwood page and join them at 5p.
Thursday, March 26
Table 215 Digital Service
Watch their Instagram page Thursday night to view the digital service.
Sunday, March 29
Table 215 Life Group
Life group for college & young adults. Text TABLE215 to 77978 for more info.
March 20, 2020:
Dear Cottonwood Creek Family,
We miss you!
We serve a God who holds everything in His hands, and we have a unique opportunity over the coming weeks to show how we, as the church, are far more than the walls of our building.
Here are a few ways we will be staying connected:
- Our weekend services will continue to be streamed live at normal times
- Saturday – 5p
- Sunday – 9:30a & 11a
- A few ways to access our livestream
- The easiest way: cottonwoodcreek.churchonline.org
- You can also stream on our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and through the Cottonwood Creek app.
- We encourage you to Like, Share, and Comment as you are able.
- As you watch, take a picture of your family worshipping. Post it to social media, using the hashtag: #cottonwoodfamily
We will continue to create and provide all kinds of resources during this time. Here are a few we have already put together and more will come as the weeks progress:
- A collection of videos to answer questions as they relate to COVID-19 (bookmark it and check back for more to come)
- Creek Kids family & leaders resources
- Student resources
- Life/Home Groups are still meeting virtually
- Social distancing doesn't mean isolation! Stay connected via phone calls, texts, social media, etc.
- If you have never connected to a Life/Home Group, text GROUP to 77978 and we can get you connected.
If you need ANYTHING or have a desire to help others who are in need, email to find out what is available and how you can help.
- We will be collecting toilet paper, diapers (size 2 and above), oil, sugar, refried beans, pork and beans, mac and cheese, beef soup, chicken soup, spaghetti-o's, boxed potatoes and ketchup to be distributed to local nonprofits that are in need. Money may also be given - just put FOOD in the memo line. We will serve as a collection site and distributor. Items can be dropped off in the crossing between 8a-5p M-F.
- We would like to encourage you to check on your neighbors and those you feel need encouragement and hope in this time of uncertainty. What a great opportunity to be the church out in the community.
Please know that our pastoral and ministry staff are working tirelessly to connect and equip you during this season. If you haven’t already, follow us on Facebook and Instagram for new resources and for stories of what God is doing through Cottonwood Creek right now.
One of the best ways to support these efforts is to continue to give faithfully. You can give online, drop off your tithe at the church or mail to 1015 Sam Rayburn Tollway, Allen, TX 75013.
We will continue to keep you updated on issues as they relate to COVID-19 by email and also on our website at cottonwoodcreek.org/covid-19-information
Again, we miss you! While we are unsure of what will be coming in the weeks ahead, we know God is not surprised by any of this. Our prayer is that this is a moment in history where our God shines bright as His people declare the hope, joy and love of Jesus to a lost and fearful world.
Isaiah 41:10, So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
John Mark Caton
Several weeks ago, the International Mission Board (IMB.org) recommended that international travel for short term mission trips be delayed until later in the year. Based on IMB recommendations, staff input, and input gained from speaking with a few church-wise church members, all CCC mission trips, foreign and domestic, for 2020 are postponed until 2021. We are working on new dates and will keep you updated as more information becomes available. If you have any questions, please contact the Mission’s Department at .
All events at the church between March 16 and March 23 have been cancelled due to current guidance from our National Leaders and Local Health Officials.
The City of Allen has initiated a local disaster declaration for public health emergency limiting gatherings to no more than 250 people at the same time in a single confined or enclosed space. We are working on creative solutions to keep us connected and informed and will let you know the details as those unfold.
If you need help, or are looking for ways to help, you can email
For more information on COVID-19, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
This Weekend with Cottonwood Creek
(March 14-15, 2020)
New CC Online Only Update: We are asking everyone to join our worship services online. Please watch this video from Pastor John Mark.
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
As mentioned previously, we are continuing to monitor the rapidly changing COVID-19 health crisis, specifically the latest developments in Collin County. After consulting with local health officials, we have decided to encourage all of our folks to join us for worship online instead of physically together onsite. All ministry events and programs will also be canceled next week (Mar 15-20).
We will be live streaming all of our services on Saturday at 5:00p, Sunday at 9:30a and Sunday at 11:00a. Our services can be accessed at the following locations:
- Cottonwood Creek App: https://cottonwoodcreek.org/resources-media/cottonwood-creek-app/
- Website: https://cottonwoodcreek.org/
- Online: https://cottonwoodcreek.churchonline.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cottonwoodfamily/
We recognize the gathering is an important part for God’s people to come together to worship, and He has placed within us the desire to fellowship and encourage one another as we meet. But we also have a responsibility to each other, in considering others more significant than ourselves (Phil 2:3) and seeking the welfare of our surrounding community (Jer 29:7).
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we navigate these challenging times. We will be continuing to provide more information and resources for you and your family over the coming days as well.
"I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.” - Psalm 9:1
Please continue to follow the Centers For Disease Control (CDC) recommendations for preventing the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.