Deacon nominations are currently being accepted. If you know a man who you believe would qualify as a nominee to serve as a Deacon, please complete the form at the button below.
- Have accepted Christ as his personal Savior and be committed to following Him as Lord.
- Strive to meet all moral and spiritual qualifications set forth in the Bible in Acts 6:1-6 and 1 Tim. 3:8-13.
- Meet/surpass the definition of a Deacon: "One who attends to the needs of others; a servant, who advances others' interests even at the sacrifice of their own. One who promoted the welfare and prosperity of the church. One who is devoted and approved in character. One who cares for the poor and distributed to the needs of others. One who sustains a permanent serving relationship to others." - Thayer's Greek/English Lexicon of the New Testament
- Be willing to accept and abide by the spirit of the "Baptist Faith and Message," the doctrinal statement approved by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000.
- Be willing to work in close harmony with the pastor, staff and fellow Deacons.
- Faithfully support the church.
- Be 21 years of age or older and have been a member of Cottonwood for at least one year to be ordained, or six months if he has already been ordained.
*Forms due by Sunday, March 29