Return To Worship FAQ
Beginning June 6 and 7, we are opening up for the entire community to join us with social distancing worship services. Weekend worship service times are Saturday at 5:00p, and Sunday morning at 9:00a and 11:00a.
Why is the 9:30 service changed to 9:00?
We’re changing our first service from 9:30 to 9:00 because we need to give our facilities team more time to sanitize the Worship Center. We’re moving the start time of the first service up 30 minutes to accommodate this process.
What protocols do you have in place to sanitize the facility?
We use battery operated dispensing backpacks to sanitize our building’s large spaces and supplement with smaller air pressure units for the smaller rooms. We also use an aerosol for frequently used areas that need fast drying times.
- The Worship Center will be thoroughly sanitized before each service with a CDC approved product.
- The Atrium will be sanitized before and after each service with the same product.
- Bathrooms will be sanitized on an ongoing basis with a fast-drying aerosol.
- Life group rooms will have a one-time-use, per event and will be sanitized before and after each use.
Am I required to wear a mask?
Masks will be optional, and available if you need one. We ask that you honor those on campus, whether they’re wearing a mask or not, by social distancing and using proper respiratory etiquette.
What measures are you taking to encourage social distancing?
Every other row will be closed so that there is an empty row between each attendee.
What’s the word on Children’s Ministry?
We’re on course for our initial reopening phase of Creek Kids ministry on Promotion Weekend, August 8-9.
Saturdays | 5:00p (Nursery to Kindergarten)
Sundays | 11:00a Worship Service only (Nursery to 5th Grade - No children’s programming during the 9:00a worship service)
One Service Sunday: We’re initially limiting children’s programming to the 11:00a service on Sundays, so we can safely establish our volunteer leader teams and refine the sanitization and changeover processes that will be required for our classrooms between services.
Reservations Required: For now, we’re asking families to register their children by Thursday at noon each week, so we know how to plan for the weekends. This will be an important step in making sure we can continue to move forward with our ministry.
Text creekkids to 77978 for weekly registration reminders.
What about student ministry?
Students who are 6th through 12th grade are going to be in the Chapel at 9a and 11a, where they will have a socially distanced student worship service. If you prefer, they can join you in worship in the Worship Center.
What if the limited seating in the Worship Center is full?
We have several livestream overflow options we can direct you to:
- you can also stand in the Atrium and view on our large TVs
- The Cottonwood Creek app
Is the Cottonwood Creek Staff taking specific safety precautions?
Yes. All staff, as well as volunteers, will have their temperature checked, will be required to answer a health questionnaire, and will receive a wrist band that indicates that they have been screened.
When will life groups resume?
Life group meetings will be communicated by the life group leaders. If you need to find a life group, click here.
If you have additional questions, please call 972.359.7777.
Sunday Mornings at 9:00a & 11:00a
Wednesdays at 6:30p
Saturdays at 5:00p
Several ministry groups and events have moved online. Check out the church calendar for the latest offerings.
Please continue to follow the Centers For Disease Control (CDC) recommendations for preventing the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.